Saturday, March 9, 2013

Daily Inspiration 3-9-13

"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
creeps in this petty pace from day to day."
 
-- William Shakespeare


When there is struggle, there is resistance and where there is resistance, there is lack, and that is such a poor foundation to build upon. This last week seemed as if I couldn't do much right, let alone well. I had long lists of things and intentions, and yet, I chose otherwise and I struggled with myself, created resistance and lack and feeling down about my self, my lack of accomplishment, lack of organization, lack of motivation, lack of success, well. . . you get the lack part now? Where there is lack, there is distress. It was a distressful week.

Yet, I also know full well that I'm being way too hard on myself. I can be my own worst critic, and often am, and I know this scenario, where it goes and how it ends. I shouldn't be in this space and I am. It was all my choice.

Now, my choice is to wallow in it, or get up and get out of it. I choose the latter. I have found only one successful way that is sure and true: Choose a slightly better thought, then another, then another, and another, until, pretty soon, I'm feeling pretty good.

Another sure way is gratitude. What can I be grateful about right now, this instant. What is going well? What is going right? What is working? It can't ever be all bad, so there must be something that I can be grateful for. And, the truth is here that this list is much longer than I anticipated. As I begin to tick them off one at a time, I find new spirit, joy, optimism, and acceptance of myself and where I am right now.

What it comes down to is this: take your eye off of what is not right, or not right yet, and focus it on what IS right, or WILL be right soon. Focus on how good you have it right now and if you need help, compare it to someone living in a hut in Africa or some other country far away. Being poor in America is being rich in much of the world.


Give Praise! Be Thankful! Share Your Joy!

Spread Some Joy Today--As you take a minute or two out of your busy day to thank someone, or give them an uplifting message, you are lifted far higher. Focus on the bounty.

No comments:

Post a Comment