Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Daily Inspiration 3-27-13

"If you have knowledge,
let others light their candles in it."
 
-- Margaret Fuller


I've heard it said that this is the information age, and there is an implied meaning that those who have the information or control the information are the most powerful. Early last century it was the industrial age, and he who controlled the manufacturing was the most powerful. And then, and then, and then, all of them based on lack and control over others and such--or at least, that is implied often.

I just don't plug into the darker thoughts about the world and whateverthehellage we are now living in. This is the greatest time to be alive and I see nothing but a future so bright that it burns my eyes to look at it, so I turn my eyes to the present and find joy in it.

Information. That's how I started this train of thought. Never before in all of human history over thousands of years has the "common" person had so much power and control. Not control over others. That is a sad game to play. But, control over their own lives, how they live, how they learn, how they grow, how they can interact with others, and so much more. I rejoice in this time. When I think about it I get so enthusiastic about all of our individual and collective potential.

The tools we all have available to be more creative are astounding. Computers have enabled us to do so much in such a short time in history. Think about it. Computers for the masses began in the 1970s. That is only the last 40 odd years of history. The Internet is less than 20 years old and for most people, less than 14 years old. It is flat amazing.

I buy most of my books in about 45 seconds on my Kindle through Amazon.com. I now own two Kindles. I go on a trip and I have almost a hundred titles at my beckon call. I love audiobooks and at Audible.com I can listen to them on my Kindle or my computer or make a CD. I love regular traditional books too, but the new technology has given me so much more. In fact, as predicted by Jeff Bezos at Amazon, I read more now than I did before I owned the Kindle. Being able to get a book so quickly means I don't lose the inspiration. I hear about a book and don't even have to go to the store.

Cloud computing has expanded services so much further. My company, Upward Trend, uses cloud computing almost exclusively and has since before we called it cloud computing.

I absolutely love the fact that ideas are widely shared around the world via the Internet, YouTube, Blogs, and Social Media. In early 2008 I didn't know what a blog was, and now I have published tens of thousands of posts on over 120 blogs. To be able to find information and equally to share information, ideas, thoughts is so satisfying and empowering. Ted.com is a superstar site as far as I'm concerned.

As we hear the doom and gloom or implied darkness surrounding what is going on the in world, how technology is invading our lives, and more, we get to choose what exactly we want to look at, and how we want to think about that. This is yet another thing I rejoice in. The power of choice has never been better!


"There Are Only Two Ways To Live Your Life. One Is As Though Nothing Is A Miracle. The Other Is As Though Everything Is A Miracle." -- Albert Einstein

Spread Some Joy Today--Get out a sheet of paper and start making a list of the miracles that are in and all around your life. Today is a day of celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment