Friday, March 8, 2013

Daily Inspiration 3-8-13

"I alone cannot change the world, 
but I can cast a stone across the waters 
to create many ripples." 

-- Mother Teresa 


Each of us has a ripple effect on the world around us. Each of us has more power than we think. Each of us has the power of influence in a host of ways. Some may be known and others unknown, yet the effects still exist. As an effect, you may not even be recognized as the source, but that isn't very important. We all have an effect.

When I first got into the auto business at age 22, within just a couple of years I thought that I wanted to do everything I could to change the business image by not following what then seemed like the typical path. I might as well had decided to move Guatemala to South Africa. What was I thinking?

Yet, I had an effect. It may have been a very small circle, but over time, I saw changes being made nearby. I had more of an effect in the commercial truck world and still have some effect and even a growing effect in some ways. As I look back, I see many changes that I authored and they became industry standards, but no one knows that, nor do they care. It doesn't matter. We each have an effect in whatever we do and the grander our vision of having an effect, the more ripples we may create.

Hopefully, we are doing something that is of benefit to others and that we can be proud of or happy about. Because we will have an effect anyway, positive or negative. We get to choose. We cannot change the world alone, it is a group effort, but we can create ripples that help move it along.


1 + 1 = 3. This Is The Formula For Synergy. 

Spread Some Joy Today--Know that you will always affect those around you. Now choose in what way that might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment