Saturday, March 23, 2013

Daily Inspiration 3-23-13

"The past has passed. It is no longer,
except as the stories that we tell today.
Pay attention to the stories as you say them.
You cannot change the past; however,
you can change the story you tell."
 
-- Albert K Strong


Gerald Jampolsky, in Love Is Letting Go Of Fear, said, "We seem to consider it "natural" to use our experiences of the past as reference points from which to judge the present. This results in our seeing the present with distorted dark-colored glasses."

He goes on to say, "To let each second be a new birth experience is to look without condemnation on the present. It results in totally releasing others and ourselves from all the errors of the past. It allows us to breathe in freedom and experience the miracle of Love by sharing this mutual release. It allows for an instant of healing where Love is ever-present, here and now."

Some have said that those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it. There are many variations on that idea. 12-step programs are built on the past, remembering the past, using it as something to avoid in the future. I don't agree with their philosophy because they are repeating the past again and again. It's as if you can never get away from it. They constantly reinforce the past. It is more fear-based than anything.

Again, from Gerald Jampolsky: "Fear and Love, guilt and Love, cannot co-exist. Only if I keep reliving the past in the future am I a slave to time. By forgiving and letting go of the past, I free myself of the painful burdens I have carried into the present. Now I can claim the opportunities for freedom in the present without my past distortions."

This is what I have learned to do. It took me only about 50 years, but I've learned it. I cannot do anything to change the past because it has passed. Even my memories cannot be completely trusted as accurate. I told those stories so many times in many ways and I am sure there is plenty of embellishment along the way. So it is a waste of time to try to relive it in order to overcome it. There is a better way.

The better way is to accept it. It was. I cannot change the fact that it was. But, what I can do is to tell a different story now. I can tell a story of how perfect it has been to lead me to where I am today. This means that I have to learn to accept today and to love this moment as a gift that I may do anything I like with. By accepting, I am forgiving anything that I previously would have found fault with. By accepting, I am learning to love myself, including myself that was my past moments. I chose what I chose and it was perfect. Each led me to another to another to another and now I am here.

If you learn to value the present, to love yourself now, to forgive all parties in the past, the miracles are endless. Allow that to be in your life.


Hello. I Am Terry And I AM LOVE. I've Been Loving Since I Decided To Love And I Am Loving Still. Now, I Spread Love Wherever I Go. Today Is The Best Day Of My Life Because It Is Only In Today That I Am Alive. . .

Spread Some Joy Today--Tell a new story today. Start a new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment