Monday, May 9, 2011

Daily Inspiration 5-9-11

Perspective Week


"Astronomers always work in the past;
because light takes time to move from one place to another,
they see things as they were, not as they are."

-- Neale E Howard


I took astronomy in college and I learned that the light that we see in certain stars may have left there 10,000 years ago, so the star may not even be there any more and we wouldn't even know about it until much later. Indeed, even nearer items in the galaxy would be longer than our lifetime to see a change. I always thought that was strange and very interesting.

As I've looked at human behavior--especially my own--I've noticed a similar perspective. My actions of today and my attitudes of today, along with my results of today are merely images of my previous thinking. In other words, my previous thoughts and beliefs, have led me here. It was not created today.

If I am liking where I am today, then my thinking and beliefs are serving me well--a happy camper, so to speak. If I am not liking where I am today, then my thinking and beliefs are not serving me well and the only thing that can be changed is that thinking and those beliefs. And, it also will not happen today, but be shown sometime in the near future.

My best guidance of where I am is how I feel about where I am at any given time. That information will then aid me in making a decision to stay on course, or make a different choice.

A lot of my life was being unhappy with what was and not changing the thinking and beliefs that brought me there. I didn't even make that correlation. Instead, I would just try to use will power to make it happen, set a new goal and go for it. Little did I know, that it doesn't require effort, but does require knowing the cause and how to correct it. Just like a rocket ship to the moon is constantly making minor course corrections, I am learning how to do that myself to achieve a life I am pleased with.



It Is Easier Than We Knew. We Just Feel Our Way.


Spread Some Joy Today--You've heard the phrase, if it feels good, do it, right? It's better advice than we thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment