Saturday, May 28, 2011

Daily Inspiration 5-28-11

"You can tell more about a person by what he says
about others than you can by what others say about him."

-- Leo Aikman


These kind of quotes are so special to me because they are gentle, yet firm reminders of the kind of person that I want to be.

Have you ever heard a friend, or who you thought was a friend, who was telling someone else things about you that weren't very uplifting? They didn't know you were within earshot, but it tells you a lot about that person, doesn't it? I've had that happen and I know that it felt crappy to say the least.

There's one thing for sure: I don't want to be that person I just described, yet I have succumbed to the gossip myself and I am certain that I have been that person from time to time. In fact, it was probably a good deal of the time further back. However, as I move forward in my life, I hope to be improving and allowing myself to become what I want instead of how I've seen other people act.

That's the best thing about making that decision to move forward, learn and grow--I get to experience more of the real me inside and that real me is full of love. As I allow that love to come from within and dominate my life, I find less desire or even situations where talking people down is an activity. At the very least, if I participated now, I find myself having negative emotion (feeling guilty, crappy, etc) and that is a clear indication I'm not in alignment with who I really am. At that moment, I can stop mid-sentence and get back on track.

When I was a child, the grandfatherly advice was, "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." That's good, but it doesn't go far enough and it doesn't fix the problem, as it is more like masking the symptoms. A better thought might be, "find something nice about everyone you meet, and find ways to let them know."



Love Is Always The Right Choice.


Spread Some Joy Today--Find yourself loving all the people in your life from the bill collectors to the sacred child.

No comments:

Post a Comment