Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Daily Inspiration 5-17-11

"Work expands so as to fill the time
available for its completion."

-- C Northcote Parkinson


When I watch those movies where the world is saved from extinction at the last minute available, I think of all the tasks I have to do and how much time I allow for them and end up right at the last minute trying to get it done. Heck, if I didn't have some kind of deadline, it may never get done!

It does seem clear that work actually does expand to fill the available time, and I would like to be more organized and efficient, so I am learning to allot a specific amount of time for some projects and to set deadlines with clients as well as my team and myself. I am compartmentalizing tasks in an effort to help them flow more smoothly.

Procrastination is always a predator and I am easily swayed by projects that I like better than others, and I am finding that by shortening the available time, I still can get it done and end up being more efficient at the same time.

We'll see how this goes and I'll report back on the progress. It looks promising. . .



I'm So Busy Is Such A Pathetic Excuse. . .


Spread Some Joy Today--Getting it done should help everyone feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment