Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Daily Inspirations 10-19-10

"If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear."

-- The Bible, Mark 4:23 NIV


"Advice is like snow--the softer it falls,
the longer it dwells upon, and the deeper it sinks into the mind."

-- Samuel Taylor Coleridge



You know, it is so easy to be on the outside looking in and see the big picture of what is going on in someone else's life, or someone else's business, or the government, or whatever we choose to look at. It is so easy to give them advice about what they should or could do to improve or excel, or stop doing harmful things. We might think after some sound, well thought advice, "why don't they listen? It's so obvious!"

Advice is so easy to give and so hard to take.

Truth is, advice is pretty much useless until someone requests it--and even then, it is a longshot that it would be followed without potentially severe modifications. Knowing this from trial and error (lots and lots of error), I resist giving advice and even more rarely do I be the least bit concerned whether they follow it or not.

In the CTS Daily Inspirations, I don't give advice. I share my experience and thoughts as they cruise through me. If it were ever to be considered advice, at best it would be like snow softly falling. . . I share my own struggles with learning to love my life and the ideas and thoughts that come to me in the process.

We all change when it is our own idea; when we are ready and willing to change. Words don't teach. At best they can inspire a bit. It is more like we all have within us all the knowledge of the Universe and at best anyone else can do is remind us that we have that wealth inside and that it is available any time. Each of us is a genius when we allow ourselves to be.



I Look To Myself For All The Answers And Am Open To Gentle Reminders From Kindred Spirits.


Spread Some Joy Today--If we take our own medicine and look to improve ourselves, there is so much less time to worry about improving others. Who knows? We may inspire them anew!

No comments:

Post a Comment