Sunday, October 3, 2010

Daily Inspiration 10-3-10

"There's one sad truth in life I've found
While journeying east and west --
The only folks we really wound
Are those we love the best.
We flatter those we scarcely know,
We please the fleeting guest,
And deal full many a thoughtless blow
To those who love us best."

-- Ella Wheeler Wilcox



I used to always wonder why our house went under a frantic cleanup activity, sometimes extending into days just prior to guests arriving. It seemed to me that we deserved at least as much living there all the time. . . There's so many instances where we treat guests whether strangers or relatives with the utmost care while taking each other more for granted.

I've seen the same kind of thing in business when the "VIP" is coming to town. All of a sudden, the painters are out and people are pulled off of jobs in order to spruce the place up.

We might be waiting for a special occasion like a birthday or something to show those closest to us how much we love them when the best thing would be to just say it, or show it right now.

I've found a way that helps me by just every once in a while saying, "have I told you that I love you lately?" Another way, is that I am open to how I feel and as soon as the love or appreciation feeling comes, I want to express it.

As I've aged, I find I do this more, yet I am way behind and need to do more. It is so important to tell people that you like them, love them, that they make your life, help you feel good, brighten your day, or a thousand other ways that they touch you. Express it any way you can!

So, have I told you I love you lately? I do! Have I told you (some of you I know and many of you I do not know) that I appreciate your reading these little messages? I do, very much. I appreciate you sharing them with some of your friends! I know you have because I've received comments from some. I appreciate the loving feedback that many of you have sent. Most of all, I appreciate the opportunity to share with you a bit of my thoughts as these quotes inspire me to share. Thank you!




I Am Constantly Grateful And I Appreciate So Many People And Want To Tell Them All How Much I Appreciate Them.


Spread Some Joy Today--Try sharing a little more appreciation with others. Give a little back for what they bring to you. You'll feel great in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment