Monday, October 25, 2010

Daily Inspiration 10-25-10

"There is no greater difference between men
than between grateful and ungrateful people."

-- R. H. Blyth


"Gratitude is a sickness suffered by dogs."

-- Joseph Stalin


"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that
the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."

-- John F Kennedy



I think that the top quote is right on: "there is no greater difference between men than between grateful and ungrateful people." I listen to people as they talk, watch them in how the deal with things and I see whether they are a grateful person or and ungrateful person. There is no greater insight that I have found than in this, which is so easy to spot, that it is so easy to choose who to be around, and who to avoid. Who wants to be around an ungrateful person? Only ungrateful people, I'm sure--and even that might be questionable if all other reasons were removed.

You can see it in world leaders, food servers, retail clerks, CEO's of large corporations, you name it. It has nothing to do with what people do, but who they are now. I say now because it is possible to change any time they choose--either way!

The most interesting thing about becoming a grateful person, is that the more I become grateful, the more grateful I become. What I mean is that the more gratitude I express and feel (even if I am not expressing it to anyone other than myself), the more gratitude comes, or the more things I find to be grateful for. Pretty soon, I will be awash with JOY! What kind of crazy world would that be?



One Grateful Thought Deserves Another! Come To Think Of It, That's Exactly Right!


Spread Some Joy Today--Okay, okay, am I taking this gratitude thing too far? It is the joy of my life--yes, THE JOY OF MY LIFE! And it can be yours too. Start thinking about what you love, what you like, what you want and forget everything else. Yes, EVERYTHING ELSE! Come on in, the joy is fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment