Friday, October 15, 2010

Daily Inspiration 10-15-10

"It is not the strongest of the species that survive,
nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."

-- Charles Darwin


It is interesting who wrote this quote and what is even more interesting is that I think it applies to us right now. Change is something that is running a light speed compared to how it may have been just a few hundred years ago. Indeed, it is going ever faster and there is ever more need to adapt and even learn to embrace change.

I think embracing change is the best situation. Look forward to change, perhaps even anticipate it from time to time (don't want to spoil all the surprises, you know. . .).

Age has a way of keeping us in habitual patterns and avoiding change. That's a statement that I accepted long ago, and have since thrown out! It is only true if you believe it to be true. I know a lot of older people (over 50) who feel that the Internet is too much for them, or learning how to use their computer and a list of problems they don't want to deal with. No problem. Can't help them anyway when they think that way. And, I know many who feel excited about the changes and they have the latest cell phone and they are engaged and testing the technologies.

I think it just comes down to the desire to learn. Henry Ford said it well: "Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young."

I am constantly buying new books, seeking more knowledge. I have enough to last me a lifetime, but there is always a new twist, tangle or shooting star. Things I really want to learn well, I immerse myself in. I am passionate about learning, growing, becoming more, knowing more and being more. More than anything else, that drives me. It is the fire inside.

Need a match?



Learning Is Truly Exciting and Equally Rewarding.


Spread Some Joy Today--Go down to the local bookshop and find a new thrill. One of my favorite places to browse! There's something for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment