Monday, October 4, 2010

Daily Inspiration 10-4-10

"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing,
wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating,
There is no such thing as bad weather,
only different kinds of good weather."

-- John Ruskin



Personal happiness is such an easy thing to achieve any time one wants it by a choice of thought. The weather is a perfect example of how people are doing with their happiness or absence of it.

You know what I'm talking about, I'm sure. People complaining about the weather: "It's so hot!, or It's so muggy outside, or I can't work in this heat, or I hate it when it rains, or just as I expected, the weekend finally comes and we get rain! or the weather man said. . ." There's a few hundred of them and I've heard at least a couple hundred of them myself. In fact, I used to say them until a few years ago. Then the weather changed. . .
Yes! The weather changed! It went from what was wrong with it to what is beautiful about it, or how much I loved the feel of it, the smell of the air, the dark clouds coming in, the strong wind blowing, and hundreds of other comments I now make out loud and to myself. Every single day at some point, and quite often many times, I am thanking God for such a beautiful and special day. Every single day without exception.

The weather changed. . . for me. The weather doesn't dictate my thinking, I dictate my thinking and all of a sudden several years ago, I began praising the weather and thanking God personally for bringing it to me in such a wondrous format. As soon as that happened, He began bringing me more of it. I think He was trying to please me, and it has been working, and the good news is that He has never stopped! I don't know how I can be so blessed, but I am. It is marvelous!

I rarely even look at weather reports. I just want to be surprised by God's choice for the day. Sometimes He strings several days together with very similar weather, then He throws in a few clouds and a bit of wind and it all changes. It is so much fun and I am in awe of his creativity. He creates clouds that I couldn't even imagine, and they are so beautiful and almost as snowflakes, each is different. Sometimes very high, other times low, some flat and some puffy, some dark and some white and there are millions of different ones.

Yes, the weather has changed. . . for me. I am happy about it now.


 

I'm In Awe Each Day With God's Daily Design Work.


Spread Some Joy Today--You can attract good weather any time you choose. Today is a great day to start. Did you notice how wonderful it is out today?

No comments:

Post a Comment