Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Daily Inspiration 2-8-17

"Don't judge each day 
by the harvest you reap 
but by the seeds that you plant." 

-- Robert Louis Stevenson 



I was wondering this morning that as I stand in appreciation singing praises to someone in my mind if that vibrational energy touches that someone, and though it may not affect them physically or recognized in their brain, it may delight on some level of their spirit within.

I know one thing for sure is that it surely has an uplifting effect on me.

I do this a lot these days. It brings me joy to praise others in my head, as well, I love at least as much expressing these thoughts and feelings in person whenever that is practical.

The inspiration to praise can come from anywhere. The one that caused me to write about this today was a 1995 movie that I saw for the first time a couple days ago. I am amazed how much I loved it. It is titled, Good Old Boys, and stars Tommy Lee Jones, Sissy Spacek, Frances McDormand, Sam Shepard, and a very young Matt Damon. Tommy Lee Jones co-wrote the screenplay and it was his directorial debut. This movie immediately went into my top ten list as it was so well done from every angle I could see and hear. It's a delightful story of life in the west in tough and also joyful conditions.

I've been singing praises for the opportunity to experience this flick, and especially for Tommy Lee Jones for pulling out the best in the great actors, himself included, while bringing this story to life. I also loved the lack of the typical gun violence that so often accompanies Westerns.

As I was singing his praises for the gift that he gave me, I wondered if in some way he could be receiving that. We may be unaware of this in our physical life, but I do believe that this communication is received on some level and that I receive them from others as well.

If that is true, then it would apply to any communication content. It causes me to wonder how over the years I may have heaped hot coals on the heads of others and unknowingly burning them in the process of my imagined privacy in thought. I'm well aware that in looking back from my current level of learning and growth that I was doing plenty to burn myself in the process.

I know the Thought Police are not a reality, so I'm safe right now, but a more beneficial consideration would be to check from time to time what seeds I may be planting. I now know fully that as I plant seeds of joy, upliftment, love, appreciation, I am guaranteed a delightful harvest this moment in me, as well as all who receive my vibrational transmissions.


In The Church Of My Mind, I AM The Worship Leader. 

Spread Some Joy Today--via your appreciation in thought and action.

No comments:

Post a Comment