Saturday, February 4, 2017

Daily Inspiration 2-4-17

"Change is not so much 
adopting a new path
as it is letting go 
of our hold on the old." 

-- Albert K. Strong 



I was thinking about how it can seem so hard to change sometimes while realizing that it isn't really that hard. What is hard about change is relinquishing our hold on the way it has been, or the way we have always done things, or the comfort zone of the familiar. Change means something different while often different may be another word for unknown, and many of us are afraid of the unknown, or at the very least reluctant to get to know it when we have the all known right here and now.

I like this bit from Abraham, Esther Hicks to help make sense of many things including change: "Like learning to understand the basics of mathematics and then having the successful experience of understanding the results of their applications, once you have a formula for understanding your world that is always consistent, it will yield consistent results for you." 

Based on that, I realize that change is a constant in all of the physical things we can see, as well as those we do not, and so change is a given, yet rather than something new, different, or unknown, we may continue to change right back to where we are now. A better way to see that is to see change as a choice where we are choosing again and again and again the same kinds of things which keeps us in that so familiar place.

I ran across this very telling quote from Cesar Chavez that says what Abraham said in a different and yet eye and mind-opening way. He was speaking of social change, but it applies to all I have brought up here: "Once social change begins, it cannot be reversed. You cannot un-educate the person who has learned to read. You cannot humiliate the person who feels pride. You cannot oppress the people who are not afraid anymore." 

As Abraham said, "once you have a formula for understanding your world that is always consistent, it will yield consistent results for you." As I have accepted the knowledge of how my life works, I cannot really go back to where I was in my ignorance.

The thought of me shooting myself in the foot accidentally is no longer possible. It is instead a purposeful act in my awareness of my thoughts and actions. I may suffer in either case; however, I can no longer blame others or circumstances. I can only accept that I am aware of my own thoughts and actions and full responsibility for all of them and the results that must follow.

I used to dislike math, and now I love it. I know what I get along with how and why. It is easily understood as a formula. I have learned. I wanted to learn and here I am in my learning. From this place, I may go forward, but not back.


This Is A Place Where I Am Inclined To Shout, Hallelujah! And, I Am Eager To Move Further And Farther. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by realizing where you have come to in your learning travels. There is such joy in learning. However it comes, it ends in joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment