Friday, February 17, 2017

Daily Inspiration 2-17-17

"Just because other people act without joy 
does not mean you have to." 

-- Alan Cohen 



Last evening, my business partner called and told me of a conversation with an ex-client that was fascinating, to say the least. I won't go into any of the details, but to say that there was frustration on our part is to say it very mildly. And, so my business partner was calm and laughing about the irony of this call, and I went off on a rant that I never wanted to deal with them again, etc., etc.

Now, here's the interesting part of that going on a rant thing. I knew I didn't mean what I was saying. I know that I loved their business the first time I went there, and I love them too. I know this, and as I was ranting, I knew I knew that. I could so easily justify my position in this rant, but it really doesn't matter. I was just moving hot air out of my lungs and mouth, vibrating my vocal chords, and saying things I didn't mean.

What's interesting about that, you ask? Because I know that I know now. In that past, I didn't know that I knew. I thought I was justified, blameless, in the perfect position of authority. But, of course, you may realize as I came to realize that this is never really the case, is it? We know what we're doing when we're doing it, and any justification is simply gloppy ego-ooze that is attempting to smooth the rough spots, which is like pouring oil in the pan to cook bacon. It's just dumb. And, yet, if not you, I've sure done it enough in my life.

But now I know that I know. I am in my knowing. I cannot be helped by gloppy ego-ooze or any manner of righteous indignation or righteous justification. I am in my knowing. At worst my rant will last a few seconds to a few minutes, and then I have no choice except to come back into my knowing at my Source like a rubber band has to come back after a little stretch.

Of course, you might know that this being in my knowing is joyful, right? My rants are so short nowadays. It's up, it's over. It doesn't last long. I might even say that I enjoyed my little rant knowing that it wasn't really doing harm. Maybe in time, there will be no reaction, as that is what it was. Maybe it will become a loving response instead. I like that. It sounds joyful to me.


May Your Rants Grow Shorter As Joy And Love Fill Your Space. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by paying attention to your inner-knower. That's the way to be injoy as you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment