Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Daily Inspiration 2-21-17

"The promises of this world are, 
for the most part, vain phantoms; 
and to confide in one's self, 
and become something of worth and value 
is the best and safest course." 

-- Michelangelo 


"The value of a man 
should be seen in what he gives 
and not in what he is able to receive." 

-- Albert Einstein 



I'm going to share a dream from early this morning. It was so powerful that I woke up and had to write part of it down.

I was friends with a man named Bob Mopi, who was such a special friend. I remember reading a quote by Thich Nhat Hanh the other day which matches this man's love and friendship perfectly: "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free." I felt completely and totally loved and free whenever I even thought of Bob Mopi, and I did nothing to hold him from being equally loved and free.

Bob was an expert at numbers, investing, and managing money. He was in the highest demand, and yet he chose as he chose not paying any attention to the grandness of the offers. He was his own man and did as he pleased; did what pleased him the most.

I was friends with several board members of a mid-sized company and they really needed a treasurer, but more like a CFO; someone who could guide the company financially out of the chaos that it had landed in, but they couldn't pay the big bucks and so they were wondering where this magic person would come from.

I said, "what about Bob?" I didn't even say his last name, and they all knew exactly who I was talking about. They all instantly said, Bob Mopi. Yes, that's who we want. But, will he be available to us? That's the question. I said that I would speak to him.

Now this board was made up of the finest men and women one could know. They were smart and full of integrity, and yet, they found themselves in need of some financial help. Well, a lot of financial help.

I talked with Bob and he instantly agreed to do it, not even asking about any compensation. The only thing he stipulated is that he must have the freedom to not be tied to this job. He must be able to get the work done in whatever little time it might take and then have the freedom to do other things in the meantime. It was agreed.

Afterward, back in the big office with that board, everyone was chatting it up and I spoke out (and this is what I wrote down early this morning): "I know what is so special about Bob. He doesn't not like anyone. Everyone is important to him. He doesn't know how people he interacts with will be of value to him or he to them, but he knows there is value in all relationships, however brief or exalted."

I thought, wow! If someone were to say that about me, that would be the greatest compliment I could ever be paid. It is love. It is love as a noun, and also a verb. It is love in action. It is unconditional love. It doesn't matter how the other is expressed physically, Bob loves them as they are inside--as they truly are, and he loves them with such freedom that the other feels no ties that bind, with no expectations, with no requirements.


Imagine The Possibilities Of This In Your Life And Your World. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by seeing beyond the surface to see that in which we all are the same in love and freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment