Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Daily Inspiration 2-9-16

"It all depends on how we look at things, 
and not how they are in themselves." 

-- Carl Jung 



Yesterday was a whole bunch of errands and going to various stores to get things. There was a lot to do and I got it all done perfectly, which felt great.

In the process, I ran across several checkers or sales clerks. Their dispositions were all over the place from seeming mildly irritated that they had to be there that day to absolutely in love with life. You probably know which I gravitate toward...

Okay, it was the joyous one that really stood out. I was at Sam's Club and the checker girl looked like she was totally enjoying herself. She smiled at me, and I commented on what a great smile she had. She said, "thank you for noticing!" Then one of the bills I paid for my things was a $50 bill. She held it up in the air and asked in fun, "did you just print this one today?" I said, "no, I'm not that creative." And, as a habit, she agreed that she wasn't either. Then she stopped, looked up at me, and said, "no, that's not true, I'm pretty dang brilliant at times. Matter of fact, I surprise myself." I said, "outstanding!"

In the last week or so I've posted a couple of Daily Inspirations about affirmations. This girl wasn't going to allow the negative affirmation to remain. She killed it while it was in the air and replaced it with acknowledging her own brilliance. In the process, she killed my joking statement and sent me out of the store feeling good about myself and me sharing the experience of her joy of living.

All the other people that were not like her are a blurred memory. I think this girl realizes that what comes out of our mouth is tied to a thought, and more often than not, tied to a belief. By making a decision to acknowledge our own brilliance, we can then ensure that our mouth speaks our real mind, rather than that habitual thing we call the ego.


Today Is A Great Day To Acknowledge The Brilliance Within You! 

Spread Some Joy Today--by amazing yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment