Monday, February 8, 2016

Daily Inspiration 2-8-16

"Thinking is difficult, 
that's why most people judge." 

-- Carl Jung 



Until I saw this quote, I had never thought about judging in this way, and it seems true to me that almost all my judging comes without any thinking. It is a more spontaneous response. Given the time and effort to really think about it, I might not have responded so quickly, and most likely not with such quick negative judgment.

My mother taught me at a very young age that when something makes you upset, count to ten before responding. I think she got it from her mother, and so on. Not a bad choice. Any delay can be helpful.

Spontaneity can be beneficial in some respects, but in anger and frustration, I think not. I like how Alan Watts says it: "He has very disciplined spontaneity." That's a good thing under the circumstances, don't you agree?

When it comes to anger-caused response, having a disciplined spontaneity will serve us all very well.


Let Us Give That Idea Some Thought. . . It Might Help. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by looking for the blessings all around you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment