Friday, February 12, 2016

Daily Inspiration 2-12-16

"That which any of us 
has to offer of greatest value 
is the example of that which we are." 

-- Abraham, Esther Hicks 



Continuing the quote above: "Our words can add to that example, our thoughts can add to that example, and certainly, our actions add to that example. But the key for any of us--in our desire to uplift this world--is to make more clear decisions about what we want to be at any point in time--and then to be that." 

In coming to terms with what others do that we may not be liking, Abraham adds, "As your actions are in harmony with your intentions, you feel joy. But as others' actions are not in harmony with your intentions, you do not feel joy. And so, what is required is that you set forth another set of intentions regarding the others. A very good set of intentions regarding others is this: They are that which they are, creators of their own life experience, attracting unto themselves while I am creator of my experience, attracting unto me. That is the Art of Allowing. . . . And as you state that to yourself again and again, soon you will come to recognize that they are not really messing up your world in the way that you might think that they are. They are creating their own world. And to them, it may not be a world that is messed up." 

Sometimes you may be as I have so many times been--way too focused on what others are doing, reacting to what I think others are thinking about, and trying (not very hard) to understand what they are thinking and doing, putting them on a pedestal in envy, and throwing them in a pit of rejection, when all I really need to do for a happier life is to focus on myself, and being the best me I can be, saying and doing what I feel is best for me, and not worrying about anyone else.

I think what has really come to me clearly now is that everyone is really creating their own world and that they draw to themselves that which they think about, believe, and act on. That is our world. We have many people in our world and they participate with us in various ways. The same is true for others. I really love the line above from Abraham: "And to them, it may not be a world that is messed up"

My mother used to call that "minding my own business." Of course, I never understood it that way back then, but it meant the same thing basically. There's always so much going on around us, but the most wonderful thing to realize is that we control that so much more than we think we do by our own thoughts about whatever is going on and how we feel about it, which determines how our own world is evolving. Our world is always changing and moving as is the physical world we think we know. Since we are the creator of that world, we can actively change it as we choose. It requires only a little awareness, and desire to use our creative spirit to mold that to that which is pleasing to us--or not as we alone will choose.


We Create Our Own World With Our Thoughts, Feelings, And Actions. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by choosing the joy within us because we allowed it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment