Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Daily Inspiration 1-6-15

"The mind has exactly 
the same power as the hands; 
not merely to grasp the world, 
but to change it." 

-- Colin Wilson 


Continuing on my path of sharing how the Teachings of Abraham from Esther Hicks has and is changing my life for the better, they say that every subject is two subjects: that which is desired and the absence of that which is desired. Some examples are "Abundance/Poverty (lack of abundance), Health/Illness (absence of health), I can do that/I can't do that, I want to buy that/I can't afford that, I want to be slender/I am fat, I want to feel good/I don't feel good."

Often we get hung up on facing reality, this is the way things are and such to the point that we're stuck where we are or things may get worse. The biggest part of the problem is that if we were really listening to ourselves, we would find that we are saying what we want and then admitting that it is not here. When we state what we want and then state that we don't have it, we cancel the movement toward that which we want.

Saying we want to be slender and then looking at the scale and criticizing ourselves in the mirror cancels the goal before it ever gets going. We have to tell a different story if we want different results. We have to state what we want and focus solely on that and ignore what is. If we give attention to what is or the absence of what we want, we will stay right in this one spot. It is like taking one step forward and one back, one step forward and one back. There is movement, but the destination is where we are rather than where we want to be.

Facing reality is not a thing worth studying. Reality is just what is at the moment. It is our current reality that was created from our past thinking. We cannot look at that and expect something different without telling it as we want it to be instead of how it is. We also have to jettison our past by saying and focusing on what we want right now. If that means pretending, so be it. Then pretending is exactly the thing to do. If that means putting up pictures on the wall of how you want it to be, so be it. We also have to pay close attention to the words coming out of our mouths when we are talking with people, and most important of all, how we are talking to ourselves.

The other thing that holds us back is trying to figure out how. We say we want something, let's say a new car, and then we start messing with the "curs-ed how's" as Mike Dooley loves to put it. I still have the big sign on my office wall that says, "What is MY Job! How is God's Job!!" I look at it often because as my mind starts off on it's "how" adventure, I pull it back and give it to God. It isn't my job. My job is to focus on the way I want things and tell my new story, the rest will come from I know not where and I frankly don't care. I just know it will.

Let us stop cancelling out what we want by trying so hard to figure out how, from where it will come, and all those things that we cannot control. Let us focus on what we can control. We can control our own choices and our own thoughts. If we want to call that work, then that is our real work. Action will come of its own accord.


Focusing On Our Own Control And The Story We Tell. 

Spread Some Joy Today--If you're walking through the valley of lemons, wear your sugar shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment