Friday, January 23, 2015

Daily Inspiration 1-23-15

"Wouldn't it be nice if we were older? 
Then we wouldn't have to wait so long. 
And wouldn't it be nice to live together 
in the kind of world where we belong?" 

-- First verse of the song, 
Wouldn't It Be Nice 
by The Beach Boys 


"I want to buy it, but I can't afford it. I want more money because I'm sick and tired of being broke. I want to find the right person because I'm sick of all these losers I've been dating. I want a better job because this place just doesn't appreciate me."

What is the issue with all these common statements? In sales, we call it selling and then buying it back. We state what we want, then we negate that statement by talking about what we do not want. It's sort of like wanting the solution, but then we continually discuss the problem over and over.

I'm sure we have all said these kinds of statements, or something like them not realizing that we are asking and then giving it back at the same time. Because this is a very common thing, of the 22 Abraham-Hicks processes to help us make use of the information learned in their book, Ask and It Is Given, one is called, Wouldn't It Be Nice... .?

The idea behind the process is to soften the resistance or potential resistance that has become a habit for many of us. When we get rid of resistance, we can then allow and be in the position of receiving the things and situations that we want. We need to focus on the what we want part and avoid completely how it will happen and all the other things that we cannot control. If we focus on what we can control--the thought of what we want--we can get out of our own way and get on with it.

The way they say when to use this process is "when you find yourself leaning toward the negative and therefore offering resistance, and you want to turn it around to something more positive, or when you are already feeling good, and you want to focus more specifically on certain areas of your life to make them even better, or when you want to gently guide a negative, or potentially negative, conversation to a more positive place for your benefit or to gently guide someone else."

"When you say, "I want this thing to happen that hasn't happened yet," you're not only activating the vibration of your desire, but you are also activating a vibration of the absence of your desire--so nothing changes for you. But when you say, "Wouldn't it be nice if this desire would come to me?" you achieve a different sort of expectation that is much less resistant in nature."

I've begun using this a lot in the last few months. There is no doubt that it helps me to stay on the positive side of expectation and I can feel that it softens my resistance. Plus, it is a great way to use our imagination and allow ourselves to think about the possibility of asking for things that we might have previously considered improbable or impossible in our mind. In addition, it is just fun and keeps everything so light.

Abraham offers a few sample questions:

"Wouldn't it be nice if I had a really productive day at work?
Wouldn't it be nice if I stumbled onto something that really worked for me?
Wouldn't it be nice if my metabolism began to cooperate with me a little more?
Wouldn't it be nice if I could reclaim the bodyweight I had when I was such and such an age? Wouldn't it be nice if I find someone, and we waltz off into the sunset together?"

I think this is a gentle and delicious game to feel better and to lean toward the positive, uncaring how it will come, which is the perfect place for allowing it in.


Wouldn't It Be Nice? 

Spread Some Joy Today--by planning to enjoy yourself before you get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment