Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Daily Inspiration 1-27-15

"This is my secret, he said. 
I don't mind what happens." 

-- Eckhart Tolle 


Eckhart Tolle said, "As soon as you honor the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease. When you act out the present-moment awareness, whatever you do becomes imbued with a sense of quality, care, and love--even the most simple action."

I mentioned this a long time ago, but a local owner of an auto repair facility had a little sign in his shop by the cash register. I'll never forget it. It said, "1. If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly. 2. Shit happens." These different observations all have a common theme: Don't worry, be happy!

I went to bed early last night because I'm doing some teaching this morning. It will be a fun experience because it will be my first 'train the trainer' class. I'm excited and eager. So, I got up early at 4am. I come out to my office to do the Daily Inspiration first since I procrastinated last night. Guess what happened then. . . my keyboard isn't working. I thought it might have been the program, but it is the keyboard. How often do you suppose a keyboard just stops working? But, I tried what I could think of by restarting, hard booting, changing USB portals, all to no avail. Good timing. . .

My laptop battery is dead since I use it so little anymore, so I plug it in. Then on startup, it wants to install a Java update. So I think, no problem, it won't take long. Then mid-install, it stops responding--locked up. I exit the update. Well. . . I don't need to go further, but there is much more for sure. When these kinds of things happen, it seems that they come in groups. And, as I type, there is still more going on.

By now, I am laughing with pure joy. I have a huge smile as I type. It is funny to me. At other times in my life, I would have been very upset, maybe even throwing things, complaining loudly, talking to the 'stupid machine,' and generally being upset. Now, I laugh, and that is so much progress in well-being for me that it is hard for others to imagine. When you don't mind what happens, and you honor the present moment, whatever is going on is fun, joyful, light. When you dishonor the present moment with frustration, disappointment, impatience, discouragement, blame, and a number of other negative emotions, life really is a struggle.

The best a negative emotion can do is for me is to be aware of it, and make a decision if those thoughts that created it are what I want or what I do not want. This morning, I decided that I do not want those thoughts. I want joy. So, I look at the very same shit that is happening, and it becomes laughter and fun instead. I think that is fascinating.

There is an old saying and a song from church that says, "when you're going through hell, keep going!" I say, when you're going through hell, don't keep going; instead, change your thinking so it is heaven, and there's no reason to hurry!


I'm Hoping Your Day Is At Least As Joyful As Mine Is Starting Out To Be! 

Spread Some Joy Today--It smells better. Feels better too.

No comments:

Post a Comment