Thursday, January 29, 2015

Daily Inspiration 1-29-15

"The greatest gift 
that you could ever give another 
is the gift of 
your expectation of their success." 

-- Abraham, Esther Hicks 


Since I was a small child, I have always been excited about learning. In fact, in all my schooling, my eagerness to learn was powerful, and I also experienced far more frustration from the poor teaching and the rowdy students who didn't share my enthusiasm. So, when I found a teacher that was a guiding light for me, it was a pure treat and I took leaps in learning at those times.

I have found the same thing with books. To me books are teachers. Many had knowledge but left me cold, and then others fired me up with passion for the subject. I'm sure that we have all had these kind of experiences in school, and in life at places we've worked and more.

It's also interesting how I can read a book a second or third time and see plenty that I obviously completely missed the first time around. Jerry & Esther Hick's book, The Law of Attraction wasn't their first published in book form, but it was first recorded on cassette tape and then to CD back in 1988. It finally made it to book form in 2006. I first "read it" as an audiobook and in the last couple of weeks began reading the printed version.

In much of the book, Jerry is asking Abraham questions on various subjects. One of those questions was, "which is more moral, giving or receiving?" I've often heard that asked this way: "Is it better to give or receive?" I will quote part of Abraham's response:

"Often when people speak of giving and receiving, they are referring to gifts of action, or material things, but the Law of Attraction is not responding to your words or actions, but instead to the vibration that is at the basis of those words and actions."

This part jumped off the page at me: "Let us say that you see those who are in need of something. Perhaps they have no money, transportation, or food. And as you see them, you feel sad (because you are focused on their lack and activating that within your own vibration), and from your place of sadness you offer them the action of money or food. The vibration that you are transmitting is actually saying to them, I do this for you because I see that you cannot do this for yourself. Your vibration is actually focused upon their lack of Well-Being and therefore, even though you have offered money or food through your action, your dominant offering is perpetuating their lack."

They continue, "It is our encouragement that you take the time to imagine those people in a better situation. Practice the thought of their success and happiness in your own mind, and once that is the dominant vibration that you hold about them, then offer whatever inspired action you now feel."

I've often shared books with people. In looking back at this thing I have done for the last 30 years or so, many times, I was trying to help someone find their way because I was seeing them as lost, or I was seeing them as in need of help. Very few of those people probably read any of the books I would give for two reasons. One, they weren't asking, and two, I was perpetuating their lack. I wasn't being helpful at all, I was just thinking I was.

Other times, I've shared just from pure love while uplifting them in general and this is the best place from which to give. It makes receiving more full, even if they choose to put it on the shelf. I sent our entire team Jerry & Esther Hicks's book, Ask and It Is Given, and I wasn't thinking of their lack in any way. I also sent a letter explaining why I was giving it and that if they had no use for it at this time, to feel free to let it go.

Since reading this section I've described, along with practicing and noticing, I love the message because I could go back in my mind and even feel how it felt to give things, whether it was a book, or money to a needy looking person on the street. I can feel it now, but then I wasn't paying attention. How we are feeling about giving whatever we give makes all the difference in how it is received and what that means to them. This also applies to every interaction we have with people.


"Which Is Superior, Uplifting Another By Believing In Their Success, Or Adding To Their Discouragement By Noticing Where They Are?" -- Abraham, Esther Hicks. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by allowing others to make choices for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment