Thursday, June 5, 2014

Daily Inspiration 6-5-14

"As long as I have a want, 
I have a reason for living. 
Satisfaction is death." 

-- George Bernard Shaw 


I don't remember the website, but one site had some interesting security questions. One question was, 'What was your favorite activity in high school?' My answer was learning. Then a few days ago I was talking with some friends and I said, 'my favorite thing in life is learning.' So my major want in life is to learn and grow and expand and share, then do it some more.

I also have a tendency to be what I call a binge learner, where I go, go, go, then pause for a bit and then go again. It mirrors life in that there are waking and activity and then also a rest period.

I'm driven by a desire to know, and after all these years of learning and growing, I find as many answers within as from other teachers. Sometimes I think that maybe I know enough and just stop and enjoy the fruits, but I enjoy life more as I learn more, so that keeps me going.

So early this morning I was thinking about what it is that keeps me wanting to be alive and it is wanting. Esther Hicks says over and over that, 'you never get it done.' I find peace in that. There's no rush, nor is there an end other than one that we may choose. John Dewey says it nicely: "Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another."

Some people might think that we shouldn't want so much, and we should just be satisfied with what we have. Well, I agree with appreciating what we have, but without wanting more, there would be no life. Wanting is good.

The argument I heard when I was young was not to be greedy as an omen of squashing desire. I agree with the idea that being greedy is not a positive thing. Greed is fear and very limited thinking. A greedy person has a need to take from others thinking there is only so much, but the truth is that there is plenty, so wanting whatever we want is okay as long as it is not harming others.

Next time you're thinking that maybe you want too much, remember that without wanting, there would be no life. So, wanting is life-giving.


Want Away! There Is No Limit. There Is No End. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by just being yourself. You are perfect just the way you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment