Sunday, April 6, 2014

Daily Inspiration 4-6-14

"Have patience with all things, 
But, first of all with yourself." 

-- Saint Francis de Sales 


I was thinking about patience and how I've made such wonderful progress learning to have and practice patience with other people and events, and I often forget to do the same with myself.

As I thought briefly about that, I have made some progress, and I want to have more. On March 3, 2014, I added what I think is a great definition of patience. Here it is again: "Patience isn't tolerating, putting up with. It is allowing things, or situations, or people, to be as they are, without any insistence that they be anything else." This applies as much to me as it would to anything or anyone else.

Here are some questions. Do you accept yourself the way you are? Where you are in your life? What you have in your life? Where you're heading? Or, do you quietly pick at yourself for things that you "should" change, do, do over, do better? Ever make a so-called bad decision that continues to have effects on your today's and tomorrows? Ever eat that glorious fattening stuff and then beat yourself up for enjoying it? Choosing it? Failing to make a better, more healthy choice?

I think patience begins with accepting what is. I love how Eckhart Tolle puts it in perspective when he said, "The moment that judgment stops through acceptance of what it is, you are free of the mind. You have made room for love, for joy, for peace."


Take A Deep Breath. Say Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. . . 

Spread Some Joy Today--"In today's rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being." -- Eckhart Tolle

No comments:

Post a Comment