Sunday, December 29, 2013

Daily Inspiration 12-29-13

"As creators, our pursuit 
of perfection might be misguided, 
particularly if it comes 
at the expense of the things that matter." 

 -- Seth Godin 


I'm a fan of Seth Godin, author, marketing guru, and entrepreneur, among other attributes. I borrowed this quote from a post he did on December 27th, 2013. I loved this line that tells the story in the end, but I also loved the beginning, which said, "no one reads a comic strip because it's drawn well. It has to be drawn well enough, not perfectly."

Some of the very popular comic strips are not classic artists. I remember one of my favorite authors who also drew cartoons. James Thurber was his name. Famous guy, great comedy and not so great drawings, but they were plenty good enough and I enjoyed them as if they were perfect.

What is good enough? How about for you? Are you holding out for perfect, or willing to take good enough? Sometimes we expect perfection of one another when just being ourselves is more than enough.

"As creators, our pursuit of perfection might be misguided, particularly if it comes at the expense of the things that matter."


I Am Enough. How About You? 

Spread Some Joy Today--Plant those seeds and water them often!

No comments:

Post a Comment