Saturday, December 21, 2013

Daily Inspiration 12-21-13

"The bad news is time flies. 
The good news is you're the pilot." 

 -- Michael Altshuler 


There are more books I want to read than I find time for. There are more things I want to get done than I seem to have energy or time for. I seem to be behind the curve a lot of the time--especially when I think of tasks, or things that I want to accomplish. In fact, I have a long list of things. I want to learn Spanish. I've only been saying that to myself for about 40 years or so. I would love to know how to play the piano well. But, those are things that don't really fall into the time issue. They seem to be commitment issues.

Back to the time thing. . . It also seems like the holidays make time go quicker and dates approach much faster. Heck, there's only one handful of shopping days left before Christmas.

But, that's all about the bad news, isn't it. The good news is that I'm in charge. I'm the pilot. What I do or don't do, achieve or don't achieve is totally up to me. And, that's just fine. Sometimes it might feel good to blame others or the season, or the whatever, but, in the long and short run, I'm the only source to examine.


Ready For Take-Off? 

Spread Some Joy Today--While you're focused on accomplishing the mission, don't forget to give your love to the troops.

No comments:

Post a Comment