Friday, October 25, 2013

Daily Inspiration 10-25-13

"Being happy is the cornerstone
of all that you are!
 
Nothing is more important
than that you feel good!
 
And you have absolute control
  about that because you can choose
the thought that makes you worry
or the thought that makes you happy;
the things that thrill you,
or the things that worry you.
 
You have the choice in every moment."
 
-- Abraham, Esther Hicks


I'm so into practicing this year. I don't know why I didn't practice more often in years past, but the past is gone, so I practice now. I said during the last week or so that in my day planner, at the top of my to-do list is two words: Enjoy Myself! And, I have to tell you that in practicing this and putting my main focus of my day on this, I am absolutely amazed at the results. I AM enjoying myself. I am having a good time, and I am loving every second of it!

It's funny how simple things can be. We have such a tendency to complicate everything, but the really powerful changes are simple. No ten step, twelve step program. Don't have to write a 300 page book to explain it. No, it is so simple it can be explained in one phrase: Make it your daily goal, at the top of your list, to simply enjoy yourself. It would never make a best seller on the New York Times list because it is too darn short.

I am finding with practice that even things that I previously committed to that I might rather not actually do, by just focusing on enjoying myself that I actually follow through and enjoy the process. There is something silly about that. Could it actually work that well? Absolutely.

I challenge you to try it for a week and find out for yourself. If you use a day planner (electronic or paper) or you are a list maker, put at the top of your list, Enjoy Myself! Don't forget the exclamation point. It means with enthusiasm! If you aren't a list maker or use a day planner, take out a piece of paper and write that on it and tape it to your bathroom mirror so you see it when you get up.

Go ahead. I predict that you will also be amazed.


If I Had Only ONE Goal, It Would Be To Enjoy Myself.

Spread Some Joy Today--by enjoying yourself. Or maybe it should be Injoying Yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment