Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Daily Inspiration 10-2-13

"Be content not with your lot in life
but with being here in the flow of life.
The glories of creation are in your very cells;
you are made of the same mindstuff
as angels, the stars, and god himself."
 
-- Deepak Chopra


Sometimes at the bank or other places, people will tell me that I always seem happy and that I notice things, that they appreciate my presence. I can tell you that this is among the best compliments I ever get. I am happy.

I may not always be content with my current lot in life, but neither am I uneasy about it. Instead, I would have to say it as Deepak Chopra has said it--that I am content with the flow of life. Or, at the very least, I am more attuned to that aspect that what is not right yet. I get to choose each and every moment in each and every day how I will think and how I will look at life and the world.

No two days are alike. It might seem that way, but the cloud patterns are different, or there may be no clouds, but the air is dryer or more moist, etc. The seasons are changing, days are shorter or longer, but always moving. In fact, everything in me and around me is in a constant dance.

I like the word dance to describe that. I love how Wayne Dyer talks about dancing: "The purpose of dancing isn't to end up at a particular spot on the floor. The purpose of dancing and of life is to enjoy every moment and every step, regardless of where you are when the music ends."

Enjoyment. Or, a better way might be Injoyment. When I think about my problems, or what is not pleasing, or anything off the path of enjoying myself, I am experiencing outjoyment. This causes me to want to get back in where it feels so much better. It's as good a place to be as I have ever found and there are a lot of ways I find to help me get back in when I am experiencing outjoyment.

Nature. Nature always brings me back. My courtyard brings me back. The birds in the birdbath bring me back. Looking out the window in my office as I am right now seeing the tree in the neighbors yard and the blue sky above with some long skinny white clouds. I'm smiling right this minute and my eyes are lit up as if I am totally at peace and content. Sometimes a movie helps me, or a great YouTube video, a friend on the phone, lunch with a friend as I enjoyed today. This list gets longer all the time.


As A Result Of The Ever-Longer List, I Am Injoy Far More Often. Outjoy Hasn't Got A Chance.

Spread Some Joy Today--Love the one you're with.

No comments:

Post a Comment