Thursday, October 10, 2013

Daily Inspiration 10-10-13

"By three methods we may learn wisdom:
First, by reflection, which is noblest;
Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
and third by experience, which is the bitterest."
 
-- Confucius


I have learned wisdom by all three methods and I prefer them in the same order as Confucius has them.

I don't have to get bitten to learn, yet sometimes my choices have been to not choose, and more often than not, I feel the bite of that indecision. It is also often "repair-mode," where it is now broken and I have little choice but to fix it or find another way out. This might be a good place for a savior to arrive . . .

I sort of like the imitation place. I'm making decisions, trying things out, learning from others and learning from myself. Yet, this is often the place that I call "reality." I practice here. I play here. The more I play, the better it feels.

As I reflect, I am empowered in a very different way. Though I have learned wisdom, I am more in tune with my own inner wisdom, which I call the God-connection, or going online with the Universe. It is here I would love to spend more time, where there is no time and where all that I could know is ready for me when I am ready for it.


Experience Is The Best Teacher; However, It Need Not Be Physical, Or Painful.

Spread Some Joy Today--There is nothing so sweet as kind words. Lift someone up today and spread your joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment