Saturday, October 12, 2013

Daily Inspiration 10-12-13

"Kindness is a language
which the deaf can hear
and the blind can see."
 
-- Mark Twain


I kept my cool, but I was almost overwhelmed by the kindness of a government agency worker today. In fact, she was so comforting and helpful, making sure that I had all the necessary details to get a task done. It was incredible.

I often find people so helpful and kind. I find them more and more and more. It seems that in the past, I used to get the most unhelpful people, and now things are always working out for me. I don't understand the difference, but I can assure you that I am rolling around in it, getting it all over me, just like my little dog Charlie does when he smells something wonderful in the grass.

Then I went to another place and found virtually the same attitude: nothing but kindness and helpful information and insights. It was absolutely wonderful. Henry James said this about kindness: "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind."

Bravo! What a glorious day!


How Much Does It Cost To Be Kind? What Are The Benefits?

Spread Some Joy Today--"You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment