Thursday, June 27, 2013

Daily Inspiration 6-27-13

"Remember--and this is very important--
you're only one thought away from happiness,
you're only one thought away from sadness."
 
-- Syd Banks


In my learning journey, I find a lot of great ideas, and new ways of framing an old idea, and I find all of them helpful in some way. Occasionally, I find a very special book that is powerfully simple, succinct, and thoughtful. The quote above is part of a quote from the book, The Inside Out Revolution by Michael Neill. I just bought several copies to send to our entire team and a few others to share my passion for this wonderful book.

Here's the whole quote from above:

"Remember--and this is very important--you're only one thought away from happiness, you're only one thought away from sadness. The secret lies in the Thought. It's the missing link that everybody in this world is looking for. . . It's a gift that we were given to have the freedom to walk through life and see what we want to see. How much better that that can you get? That you have the freedom to walk through life and see as a free thinker, that is the greatest gift ever, to be a free thinker."

Though I am well aware of how our choice in thoughts direct our lives, and that most of us have chosen our thoughts from habit, past training, circumstance, and popularity, I was so excited when I read that short line in this quote: "you're only one thought away from. . ." That is so powerfully stated. I made a poster that is on my wall and in my daytimer that says this:

I am
never
more than
one thought away
from. . .
 
Prosperity
Health
Joy
Peace
Love

And the best part is that I find this to be so true. Sadness is a thought, not a condition. Happiness is a thought not a condition. Yet, they both become the condition--not from the condition, but from the thought. We create the condition, whatever that is, from the thought, not the other way around.

I highly recommend this short 135 page book by Michael Neill. I predict you will get a great deal of insight from it.


A Toast: To Your Wellness!

Spread Some Joy Today--Choose what you want to see rather than what is. What a powerful idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment