Friday, June 21, 2013

Daily Inspiration 6-21-13

"Participate joyfully in the sorrows of the world.
We cannot cure the world of sorrows,
but we can choose to live in joy."
 
-- Joseph Campbell


I would not have understood this quote just a few short years ago, maybe not even two years ago, but I embrace it today.

I have come to believe that we are all perfect creators and that we create our lives, often by default, or without clear intention. To think that someone would create disease instead of ease is hard to understand sometimes, yet I am convinced it is done nonetheless. We don't like to imagine that we create many things, preferring to think them created upon us by bad luck, wrong place, genetics, accidental acts, crime, germs and such. Though we often take credit for creating the positive attributes and circumstances, we abhor the idea of creating the other.

Once I walked through this door of acceptance, I can no longer see what I used to see. I think that the thing that has set me free more than anything else is accepting that I am a creator and accepting whatever it is that I have created without pushing it off on others. Certainly, I have co-creators at work with me, but accepting all of it is incredibly empowering.

Now, I might ask myself why in the world I created that scenario or situation. I might wonder at it, but I will accept it as my creation. I often create on purpose, and sometimes without intention, but I am always creating my own world. What is most empowering about this is the lack of blame. Blame has no more purpose. It used to be my favorite tool and explanation. It was always some kind of justification, and always intended to exonerate me from responsibility.

Now I accept the responsibility for my thinking, actions, decisions, including those made without paying attention, along with the results in circumstance and manifestation. This allows me to find joy in living my life, laughing at the interesting choices I've made from time to time, and find joy with others in the same way.


Participate Joyfully In All Creation.

Spread Some Joy Today--Allow others to choose to be or do as they will, loving them as creators, and joyful in all they are while accepting yourself in the same exact way.

No comments:

Post a Comment