Sunday, June 2, 2013

Daily Inspiration 6-2-13

"I have come to believe that coming true
is not the only purpose of a dream."
 
-- Lisa Bu


I watched a wonderful short TED video today by Lisa Bu. Her talk is all about books and specifically how books revitalized her views. She said, "Books have given me a magic portal to connect with people of the past and the present." Then, she added a personal remark that I thought was important. She added, "I know I shall never feel lonely or powerless again." I would say that this is a power-full statement in support of lifelong learning.

But, the part that really hit home with me and caused me to want to share this video and its message was when she said, "I have come to believe that coming true is not the only purpose of a dream. Its most important purpose is to get us in touch with where dreams come from; where passion comes from; where happiness comes from. Even our shattered dreams can do that for you." I've emphasized the part the caught me. Enjoy.




Open Up, Let Me In. We-Ooo. Oooo. We-Ooo. . .

Spread Some Joy Today--Get a new book and start reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment