Sunday, February 24, 2013

Daily Inspiration 2-24-13

"The fact is that five years ago I was,
as near as possible, a different person
to what I am tonight. I, as I am now,
didn't exist at all. Will the same thing
happen in the next five years?
I hope so."
 
-- Siegfried Sassoon


Growth is life itself. It is interesting from time to time to look in the memory at time passed and see the changes and growth that has come to expand us. Expansion is the right word. I have expanded, become more, changed, have more awareness of life around me. I have become more passionate and compassionate, calm and peaceful and at the same time filled with excitement. I have become more joyous and at the same time, more successful. I have defined success for me and it is different than it was five years ago.

I live more in the present moment than I ever have and when I look at the future it is generally with anticipation, and I rarely look at the past anymore without gratitude of what has gone before to have me landing where I am. I see all this change going on in my life as perfect and as if I chose it on purpose regardless of whether it feels good or not good. I see nature around me as so magnificent. Often, it is as if I were seeing it for the first time though I may have gazed upon it hundreds of times before.

The person and frame of mind I am now has never existed before. What was before is not what now is. To imagine that five years hence I could have the same or even greater growth and change is too much to comprehend right now.


I Celebrate Change. I Celebrate Growth.

Spread Some Joy Today--Try this: Here and there throughout your day, take a few minutes to re-energize by doing a quick meditation. Sit, close your eyes and breathe calmly and deeply. Consider gratitude, and relax. When you come back from that, you will be instantly renewed and it took only a couple minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment