Monday, February 11, 2013

Daily Inspiration 2-11-13

"An Interesting Collage"
 
 - John C Maxwell
Developing the Leader Within You
 

"For True Success, ask yourself these four questions:
Why? Why not? Why not me? Why not now?"
 
-- James Allen

As I was looking for quotes and ideas, I ran across the James Allen quote above which I've heard and seen several times in various ways, but then I was looking at my bookshelf and then put the quote and the title of the book together, and I was instantly inspired.

I think everyone can benefit from developing the leader within each of us. Surely we cannot all be leaders of the free world like they say our President is, and maybe not even a CEO of a multi-national company, and perhaps we won't even do much in the way of public talks, but there are so many ways to be a leader that don't require a lot of followers.

Here's some things that I have learned about leadership in my travels, study and practice. First, I think it requires a bit more boldness than many of us are used to. You have to step out of your comfort zone a bit. I am always stepping out of it, feeling uncomfortable, then comfortable, then do it all over again. Second, it requires a bit of confidence. Not that you have to be all confident, but more like believing in yourself more and being willing to speak your mind intelligently. (I'm still learning that!)

It also requires, or at least it has for me, to continue to study the art of leadership, because the more you get into it, the more you will realize that it is indeed an art. Fortunately, in today's Internet world, there is so much material to choose from that you will never run out of fresh ideas and methods. John C Maxwell is about as good as they come from my own study, and he has a wealth of material in his over 60 books.

So, why? Because it matters and it makes a difference in you and in others. Why not? Start with a book a month. At least it's a beginning. Why not you? Life is all about growing and living so go for it. Why not now? Try www.Amazon.com. Or www.bn.com, or go to the public library. Build your own library. There's no time like the present.


I Lead By Example. It's A Great Strategy.

Spread Some Joy Today--Today is a great day to shower a bit of love on someone you know but haven't talked to in some time. Heck, kick in a little extra. Be extravagant.

No comments:

Post a Comment