Sunday, February 17, 2013

Daily Inspiration 2-17-13

"The night I graduated from Sevier County
High School back in 1964, all the graduates
had been asked to stand up and talk about what we
were going to do with the rest of our lives. . .
When it came my time, I stood up and said,
'I'm going to Nashville and I'm gonna be a star.'
Well, the whole place laughed out loud"
 
-- Dolly Parton
 
 
 


"I strive to do great things.
Maybe that's what makes me work so hard
and why some of the things I have done
that have lived up to my dreams
make up for the others that haven't. . .
I will never retire. . .
I hope that I drop dead right onstage
one of these days, doing exactly what I want to do. . .
I just hope it doesn't happen today or tomorrow--
but I know it will someday. And when it does,
just know that I went happy, because
chasing my dreams is what I do love to do.
 
I want you to chase your dreams.
So if I have but one wish for you,
it is to dream more."
 
-- Dolly Parton
 
 
I watched the YouTube video of Dolly Parton's University of Tennessee commencement address from 2009. Last year she published a book based on that speech. It is a short, and wonderful little book, titled, Dream More - Celebrate the Dreamer In You. On the back cover it says, "If I have a wish for you, it is that you: Dream more, Learn more, Care more, Be More, Love Dolly." If you get a chance, the book is well worth a quick read. It has some very inspiring thoughts.
 
 
I Dream!
 
Spread Some Joy Today--Take someone to lunch today and really enjoy their company. That is a very special treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment