Thursday, January 31, 2013

Daily Inspiration 1-31-13

"Not everyone can say,
"I love you."
But they all do.
 
What a world. . ."
 
-- The Universe
(a.k.a. Mike Dooley: Tut. . . A Note from the Universe)


I've been getting weekday daily inspirational notes from Mike Dooley (www.tut.com), a.k.a. the Universe for 3 or 4 years now and some of them just jump off the page at me. This one reminds me of some people I know and have known in my travels, who just cannot seem to utter the words, "I love you." And, I understand. It's one of those things that if you're not brought up to say these things aloud to others, that you just don't know how to do it. But, fear not. I have wise advice:

Do it anyway. Practice. Do it once. Then do it again. Then again, and again, and again, and pretty soon, you'll be an expert at saying those three little words. Now, don't be a dweeb about it by doing it only to family and spouses and children and all those that are so near. No. Say it to people outside that safe inner circle. Be bold!

Hey, the hardest one is that if you're a guy, saying it to another guy. That takes raw courage. It's the kind of courage that the Lone Ranger had to have, and Dick Tracy, and John Wayne and all those old heroes. But, of course, you're much stronger than those, right? Go for it. I tell you this--it feels good and it feels right after you get it going through your lips and into the open air. It's only while it is inside that there is any issue with it, so get it out as soon as you find a good opportunity.

When is a good opportunity? When it's daylight. When it is a weekday. When it is a weekend. While you are breathing. Those are all great times. Any day of the week, month of the year, or even time of the day. They all work.

You can take the easy way with a another guy. Say, I love you, man. See, if you add the man part, that makes it more manly and more okay. But, here's one that always works wonderfully for me--and I've shared it before, so here it is: Have I told you I loved you lately? I even use it on my wife, and she will be honest and say, "no." So, then I get to say, "I love you!"


What's The Worst Thing That Could Happen? Heck, They Might Even Say It To You! Try And Find Out.

Spread Some Joy Today--Do it TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment