Thursday, January 10, 2013

Daily Inspiration 1-10-13

"Courtesies of a small and trivial character
are the ones which strike deepest
in the grateful and appreciating heart."
 
-- Henry Clay


I was out and about and paying some bills today. Sometimes, paying bills might seem like a task that we would rather not do because it seems to deplete our cash resources, but I'm having a whole other way of looking at it in recent years.

Today I had the common privilege of paying my garbage bill. It was $35 and change. Whenever I pay that bill I just want to go to the nearest mountain top and scream and yell how excited I am to pay such a stupid small amount of money for such an awesome service. I mean, think about it, they come to my house and pick up my trimmings, my recyclables, my garbage every single week, 52 times a year, and it costs me only $35 and change. Is that a ridiculous bargain, or what?

Then I paid the cable bill. I'm old enough to remember when TV was free. You could put up a coat hanger and make it work, rabbit ears (anyone remember that phrase) made it better, and an antenna on the roof made it great for those with a little bit of money, and once it was installed, the cost was zero dollars every month. Now, my bill is $75 per month and I know so many people over a hundred, but it is with great joy that I pay that bill because of the value it brings into my home. Again, I pay the bill and they send me stuff 24/7 and then I get to choose from a hundred or so channels instead of the old days when there were about 5. What a stupid bargain when you look at what comes in for what little goes out. I mean that isn't even a tank of gas, is it?

Then there's electricity and gas. Last month it was $160. What a crazy low number for what value it brings. And then, water and sewer. Can you imagine not having sewer service? And water--I don't have to go to some well or creek, I turn the tap on the sink and it comes out. I turn the shower on and it comes out and it even comes out hot or cold and I can adjust anywhere in between.

All of these things are no brainer bargains. I want to give them all a tip!


Next Time You Pay That Bill, Write A Note Saying That It Is With Great Joy That I Pay You For This Service!

Spread Some Joy Today--Pass this on to a few friends . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment