Saturday, January 5, 2013

Daily Inpsiration 1-5-13

"The West made people too time-conscious,
not knowing where they are going
but speeding to get there
because time is so short."
 
-- Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh

My wife and I take a ride from Fairfield, over the "hill" into Napa Valley and stop at a Starbuck's there, walk the dog and return. Since she's contracted her illness, we do this often because she really loves the scenery and it's not that far, but the round trip takes about 2 hours.

It is a nice break from my computer routine, and I LOVE the scenery. Much of the trip over the mountain is windy narrow road where 30 mph might be a bit fast, and we've done this run for the 26 years we've been together. We used to do it in a VW Cabriolet convertible, which was her favorite car, and with the top down and driving at a leisurely pace, it is among the most pleasant drives on the planet, except for the road to Hana on Maui.

Now we do it once a week or more and there isn't much traffic to deal with, but sometimes there is some pretty impatient people. The speed limit on the whole trip maximum is 40 mph, and today even going 45 mph, we had quite a number of type A's thinking we were holding them from their important appointments. I pull over when I can, but there isn't much in that respect available.

So today, a thought came to me that I had to write down. It was two short phrases: on a mission and on an adventure. It seemed like we were on an adventure without time constraints. After all, it is a long and winding road, not a thoroughfare. We weren't dilly-dallying, but were not in a hurry either. Then, there seemed to be a lot of people that were on a mission. They were intent and several even passed on the double yellow line to show their anxiousness. I was impressed.

It's an interesting way to look at things, don't you think? On a mission versus on an adventure. It's also a good way to look at our lives from a more global point of view. Are we on a mission? or are we on an adventure? They require two very different ways of looking at the world, don't you agree?


I Decided Today That I'm On An Adventure. I'm Going To Look At My Life That Way From Here On. Thank You Who Were On A Mission Today. You Made My Day!

Spread Some Joy Today--Follow your adventure moment by moment today while enjoying fully the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment