Saturday, January 26, 2013

Daily Inspiration 1-26-13

"The voyage of discovery
is not in seeking new landscapes
but in having new eyes."
 
-- Marcel Proust


This week has been pure joy for myself and my main partner, Ryan. We spent several days with a major truck manufacturer and did some presentations of Commercial Truck Success materials based on the book published last year.

I got to speak to a room full of dealer principals and general managers about running a successful and profitable commercial truck operation. I kept it simple, but it was packed with great ideas. I could not have asked for a better opportunity for me to share my passion and experience with a group that have the power to make decisions and changes that would create so much success rather than the lack of it I often see.

I had the opportunity speak and answer questions for a little over two hours and began with this: "My agenda today is to teach and share ideas and experiences. My goal is to inspire you to action." Of course, I can't make them act, but I do have the passion and knowledge and a simplified way to say it so that it should be inspirational. I gave it my best shot. It will be interesting to see what happens.

As the quote above show: "The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." Many times we are trying to convince others by creating new landscapes when what we really need to do is open their eyes to a new or different view or way of looking at things they already know about or do. Often, we may not be able to see the forest for the trees because we are so busy complicating things. So I try to simplify them instead.

We do this with all of our website company Trend Setter Package clients as well. Here's a good question for you in your business: What can I do to simplify my approach, or my business, or my presentation, and such for my clients? What can I do to help them have new eyes; to see a different picture to help them and to help me? How can I tie what they are already successful with to what I think will help them grow their business with a new view?


It Is How You See Things That Matters Most.

Spread Some Joy Today--If you really love a product or service, send the head person a letter or post it on their facebook page. Even if you think it won't matter. It surely will.

No comments:

Post a Comment