Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Daily Inspiration 1-16-13

"Learn how to separate
the majors and the minors.
A lot of people don't do well
simply because
they major in minor things."
 
-- Jim Rohn


I've done a lot of things, and I hope to do a lot more--if for no other reason, than to enjoy the process. Sometimes I take a few moments and look in the rear view mirror of my life, and though I've done a lot of things, I've also majored in a lot of minor things.

It does no good to look back with regret. I have to accept what was as it was. The better way to look back in my mind is to see without regret, and not just accept, but appreciate that I chose all of it.

I love another Jim Rohn statement that goes along with this where he says, "In America, everything you need to succeed is within reach." It absolutely is. The opportunities around us are so amazing, and so often we, or I should say, I, chose to ignore them and do something else. It's okay, as I said, and I have grown to understand better, and love the fact that I had the choice. Whether I chose minor things or major, I had the choice.

It is this place of accepting responsibility for my own life and my own results that means the most now. That reminds me of the Indiana Jones movie where the guy says, "he chose poorly. . ." Sure, sometimes, and the key is still I chose.


I Choose Still. What Will I Choose Next?

Spread Some Joy Today--Rejoice in your ability to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment