Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Daily Inspiration 3-28-12

"There is no truth. There is only perception."

-- Gustave Flaubert

It fascinates me how I as a service provider and they as a service receiver can see the truth of those services sometimes in a completely opposite view. We could argue long and hard and have no movement beyond defending our own position on the view of truth. We can even use the word of truth stating it as if that were something in and of itself was a pure and singular, as so many do from the hilltops and valleys and boardrooms. How many times have we argued truth only to have that frustration of disagreement, which to us is actually impossible when it comes to truth. After all, there is only one truth we say. We say there can be many perceptions, but there can only be one truth.

This idea is hard to let go of, and is the brunt of the world's problems whether from a moral or more realistic view. We see them as wrong and we as right. We have truth and they have the lies.

At some point, it will be helpful to change our thinking about that concept. If we begin to see that there is no such thing as truth as I've just discussed, but there is only each persons perception of truth, we can find real empathy and also growth within ourselves. As we hold to our truth dearly without any other considerations, growth is pretty much impossible. What it will also improve is communication and then the relationship can be more beneficial to each.

In so many cases I have found and am finding as I practice this, that it really doesn't matter what I think, it matters more what they other thinks. It's not that I have to leave my position to join with theirs, but that I am open to see it from their position in order to attempt to understand how and why those differences might exist. As I understand their position, I more fully understand the real meaning of compassion.

 

According To Google, There Are Currently 6.8 Billion Truths. That Can Either Be A Serious Argument, Or An Ocean Of Love. . .

Spread Some Joy Today--At our core, we are love. Let us peel the layers of cares and find it again and share that joy with every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment