Monday, March 19, 2012

Daily Inspiration 3-19-12

"I believe that every single event in life happens
in an opportunity to choose love over fear."

-- Oprah Winfrey


I had yet another opportunity today to test my patience and to test my calmness, or my ability to not get very upset. I won't go into details about the situation too much, but it was about a cell phone bill and having just purchased a phone and having all the numbers different than they were explained. That's the kindest way I can say it.

I made an appointment and went back to the store where I bought it and even ended up talking again to the person who helped me in the beginning. I was explaining the problem and I was tinkled that I even had to deal with their obvious error, and he went to work calling HQ to try to resolve it.

I demonstrated controlled dissatisfaction, and did my best to remain as cool as I could while he tried to solve the problem. It finally got solved and wasn't exactly what I would have hoped for, but was substantially better, he apologized and I was on my way.

It was after I got in my truck and was driving away that I thought that I should get him a thank you card and deliver it personally. He did an excellent job of getting to the bottom of the issue and following through to a conclusion with a polite and professional demeanor. So, I thought, what more could you ask for?

Now, I look at this as another opportunity to demonstrate that I can deal with something unpleasant and keep it together, and at the same time gain new respect for the person I was dealing with. And, if he should happen to feel good about resolving the issue satisfactorily, it would be win-win all around. What more could you ask for?


Another Day, Another Chance To Practice!

Spread Some Joy Today--by lifting yourself up, praising yourself, maybe even a couple high-5's. Everyone around you will be happy with the runoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment