Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Daily Inspiration 1-31-12

"Service which is rendered without joy helps neither
the servant nor the served. But all other pleasures
and possessions pale into nothingness before
service which is rendered in a spirit of joy."

-- Mohandas Gandhi

 I have been blessed in my life to have served so many with the spirit of joy. There have been rare exceptions to this. I think the reason that I've been able to do this with a variety of employers including myself is that I have always endeavored to take ownership of what I was doing.

I know some who do just what is expected of them and no more; who get paid by the hour and act like it is their unjust due when with a mere change in their outlook of their state in the working world might have a more fitting reward.

I don't think that it is up to the employer to provide anything more than an opportunity to serve and be compensated for that service. The rest of it is completely up to the individual and the attitude they bring to the job and their own life.

I rejoice in the ability and willingness to serve with joy. It is truly its own reward and compensation doesn't really improve it.


To Serve, Or Not To Serve? That Is The Question.

Spread Some Joy Today--Find ways to be of more service to more people.

No comments:

Post a Comment