Friday, January 27, 2012

Daily Inspiration 1-27-12

"Sometimes, in a summer morning,
having taken my accustomed bath,
I sat in my sunny doorway from sunrise
till noon, rapt in reverie."

-- Henry David Thoreau

When I read this quote, I read joy, and especially joy in the moment; drinking in the moments and enjoying oneself caught in a spirit of awe and wonder.

I think that the majority of my life I had almost none of these, and now I have them all the time; albeit, not necessarily from sunrise to noon. They last how ever long they last and I roll around in them with an effortless and joyful smile filling up my entire face. I feel full and overflowing, at peace with everything, loving every thing and every one. Maybe it lasts a minute, 5 minutes, or longer. It doesn't matter.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with weather, for it works at any time, in any condition. The amount of money or possessions I possess doesn't matter either.

What does matter, is that I pay attention!


 
And. . . Just ENJOY IT FULLY!

Spread Some Joy Today--What brings you to feeling joy? Make a list! Check it twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment