Saturday, January 21, 2012

Daily Inspiration 1-21-12

"Through pride we are ever deceiving ourselves. But deep
down below the surface of the average conscience a still,
small voice says to us, something is out of tune."

-- Carl Jung

"Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are
often used synonymously. A person may be proud without
being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves;
vanity, to what we would have others think of us."

-- Jane Austen

I ran across a wonderful quote by Jane Austen above. The quote above it is more typical of how I've heard about pride--as if it is always a negative; such as being boastful, etc. But when I read Jane's quote, I instantly loved it because it explained it so well and it just felt good. Yes, it just felt right.

One of the things that I never used to pay much attention to is how I feel inside about something, and now I have learned to go with that feeling as if it is the ultimate guidance about everything in my life. So, when I read the Jane Austen quote, I instantly felt good about it and when I read Carl Jung's quote, I instantly felt bad about it, so I will choose to ignore Carl and embrace Jane.

I'm learning that life is much easier than I thought it was by paying attention to how I feel about things. Not from a conscience point of view, but just how I feel when I think about it. It is proving to be the most perfect guidance.


I Knew That Feeling Good Had Value, But So Does Feeling Bad. . . Move Toward. . . Move Away. . .

Spread Some Joy Today--I'll tell you something I find joyful: whatever the weather is at any given time, enjoy it! Never complain about it. Leave that to others. Instead, enjoy it, appreciate it, marvel in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment