Thursday, April 7, 2011

Daily Inspiration 4-7-11

"There is nothing on earth you cannot have--once you
have mentally accepted the fact that you can have it."

-- Robert Collier


"Man is what he believes."

-- Anton Chekhov


Some call me Mr. Positive. I do try to be positive because it is much more pleasant and fun. And, yes, there are times that I am not as positive as other times, where I plug into things that don't serve me. It is when those things come about that I need refreshment and refueling.

There's been a lot going on the last month or so and so it would be easy to feel overwhelmed with the sheer volume of things to do, and I avoid that feeling as much as humanly possible. I just do something different, focus on something else, count my blessings and such and that usually works well. I realize fully that my thoughts control events, not the other way around, so I have learned to be aware and respond according to the need to move away from the negative and back to a positive point of view. But, this time it built up a bit more than normal.

So, today I had a meeting with two partners in our company because I needed to be around some positive, upbeat, focused people that I love. After a nice lunch and talking, I felt much better and back on track.

On the way home, I remember a phrase that I've taken to heart: a belief is just a thought we keep thinking. I'm going to pour that over me like a nice warm liquid and let it just cover me completely. It is so powerful to consider this. If I want to change something, I just need to keep thinking of the change--particularly where that change is going to be dependent on some kind of thinking change.

As a generalized example, if I wanted to become a fan of football, but had always been a fan of baseball instead, I would only need think about football and not think about baseball. Just the act of creating the new thoughts and thinking them over and over again while ignoring as much as possible my previous thinking, will create the new belief of loving football.

So to make that work for where I was, I need to think about what I want instead of what I don't want. It is so easy to get caught up in the reality of what is going on at the moment. It wants my attention, but that won't serve me at all. The thing that does serve me is to focus on the solutions instead of the problems, where we're going, not what issues may be raising their heads at the moment and so on. That serves me, and I can see how this will serve me in pretty much any situation.



A Belief Is Just A Thought We Keep Thinking . . .


Spread Some Joy Today--Hang around some positive, upbeat people today as a refresher. Better yet--be one for someone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment