Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Daily Inspiration 4-20-11

"Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express
your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation
of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you,
and you'll soon find many others around you. Truly
appreciate life, and you'll find that you have more of it."

-- Ralph Marston


I've not thought of myself as being a good conversationalist, but I love people. I especially love seeing them when I haven't seen them in a while. It is joy to me. I appreciate them, and after all, that is essentially love, isn't it?

As I move forward on my journey of renewal, I find myself finding so much more to appreciate. It's sort of mind boggling how many things I find now to appreciate when in years past I found so much to complain about instead. As a common example, I used to complain about the weather. It was too cold, too hot, too muggy, too cloudy, too windy, and only rarely on target. I find it fascinating that now I love the weather every single day. Seriously. Every single day. Whatever it is.

Each day is unique and interesting and I love so many different kinds of days. For example, today was cloudy and the sun was hidden, yet it was light out. The clouds were gray, some darker than others with a hint of the possibility of showers (after all, it is April . . .). The air was almost still, there was a bit of humidity and I had all the windows open because it was in the high 60s and into the low 70s. It was a glorious day!

I am fascinated that this simple change of deciding to appreciate the weather, has me finding more and more and more to appreciate. Now as I just described, I can find many things in each moment to appreciate.

It is the same with people. I now appreciate so many more people and although I have always loved people, it was nowhere near this many! As I love them, I find more of them to love, or I find more opportunities to love them by appreciating them.

It is the same with circumstances. The more I appreciate whatever is going on in my life, the more things I find to appreciate. I find that there is nothing to be unhappy or unappreciative of.

Some say you can't love all the time, but have to have pain. I get what they are saying, but I believe that I can love all the time. I plan to do just that.



"The Root Of All Goodness Lie In The Soil Of Appreciation For Goodness." -- Dalai Lama


Spread Some Joy Today--start appreciating more today and you will find more to appreciate tomorrow. Keep it up and love will rule your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment