Sunday, April 3, 2011

Daily Inspiration 4-3-11

"This is where you will win the battle--
in the playhouse of your mind."

-- Maxwell Maltz


"All the significant battles are waged within the self."

-- Sheldon Kopp


You know, most of what I share in these Daily Inspirations is what I have recently learned from study and life, along with what I find myself going through on the way toward a more self-directed life. I always say that I am practicing, for I don't want to make it seem as if I'm any more an expert than you are, but I do want to share some important things I'm learning that is making a tremendous difference in how I feel, and how I feel is joyful more every day and I'm honored by the comments I receive from some very loyal readers. Thank you for allowing me to share insights, philosophy and my travels with you.

Today's quotes hit squarely on what is the most significant key to change and improvement: our own thinking. From a practical sense, that means how I feel about things, how I react to circumstances and events, how I talk to myself and whether I am building myself up or semi-consciously tearing myself down. I say semi-consciously because I wasn't aware I was doing it, and certainly unknowledgeable about the accumulated effects, and at the same time I could hear myself saying it. I'm thinking you might know what I am trying to say about that.

So, here's to awareness. It's like opening the door and looking in and actually seeing what is inside and getting a good idea of what is going on in there. I've awakened. No, certainly not "there" yet, and not sure I will ever completely arrive; however, I now firmly know because I've tested it pretty thoroughly, that I can make a dramatic difference in my own happiness, or how I feel, by paying attention to my own thoughts and changing them to better suit what I want. I pay attention to them mainly by paying attention to how I am feeling. When I feel good about something, I get excited and when I feel lousy or off about something, I instantly realize that I need to step in and take charge of the direction my thoughts are taking me.

And, it is working by practice. Every day I get a little bit better at it, and the bottom line is I am a far happier person as a result.




Practice Makes Perfect . . . Or At Least Much Better.


Spread Some Joy Today--Practice feeling good today. No point in letting anything get you down. It's really good to learn that we are all in charge of that. What power!

No comments:

Post a Comment